Beauty & Fashion
blow drying tips from celebrity stylists
For celebrity hair stylists Roy Teeluck and Oscar Blandi, it's all about the hair. The stylists to such stars like Faith Hill, Jessica Biel and Hillary Clinton share their expert tips to achieving sexy, healthy hair.
As the ladies know, blow drying your locks is no easy feat while juggling a brush and a hair dryer. World-renowned hair stylist and Jane Fonda's personal hair guru Roy Teeluck comes to the rescue with two suggestions to making your time under the heat more comfortable.
Roy Teeluck Tips
1. Take the weight off your feet and sit on a stool or chair
2. Use your knees to hold the hair dryer for better leverage when using a brush.
Who doesn't hate fly aways and frizz? Once you're seated on your chair or stool, Oscar Blandi provides tips to using that hair dryer and brush to maximize shine and avoid those bad hair days.
Oscar Blandi Tips
1. Take care of your hair with treatments
2. Use a nozzle with your hair dryer
3. If a round brush is too much work, a paddle brush will do the job.
4. Place brush underneath your hair and blow dry with nozzle directly on top of hair
5. Blow dry straight following the brush (this closes the hair cuticle which results in shine)
6. Before getting to the tips, remove the blow dryer and brush through tips.
By following these suggestions, Oscar assures your locks will look healthy and shiny without the cursed frizz.
Both Oscar Blandi and Roy Teeluck were part of The Ricki Lakes Show "It's All About The Hair" episode along with Beyonce's hair stylist Kim Kimble and Chaz Dean, hair stylist to Charlize Theron, Alicia Keys, and countless other stars.