with author Heather Frey
9 body tightening foods to keep in your kitchen
You start your week off ready to roll, ready to stick to your fitness and nutrition once and for all! But often as your week gets rolling, your good intentions fall apart with stress and life. Not this time! GET READY and arm yourself with QUICK, ready to eat, throw-together foods so this time you can follow all the way through! Have these basics ready ALL the time and you'll never be at a loss for a fast, healthful, body tightening meal.
1. Eggs Scramble, over-easy, or omelette-ize them; make a batch of hard boiled eggs
2. Romaine, or other leafy greens Use in salads, wraps, sandwhiches or cook into foods.
3. Cans of tuna Great source of protein with almost 0 preparation.
4. Cooked batch of chicken Make enough to last several days. A super versatile protein source for everything from wraps, to soups, to salads.
5. Cooked batch of brown rice or quinoa Make enough to last for several days. Use it for lunches, dinners, and as a great post workout carb with a serving of protein.
6. Oatmeal Buy the whole oats kind, not the crushed processed kind. A nice serving can be cooked in under 5 minutes. Add cinnamon, nuts and honey and it's practically dessert.
7. Almonds, walnuts, peanuts Almonds and walnuts are among the most nutricious nuts, but all nuts are a good source of protein and a solid snack, just be sure to stick with portion sizes.
8. Greek Yogurt Better than regular yogurt because it's higher in protein. Get the plain so there's no added sugar. Flavor with real fruit.
9. Fruit Apples, bananas, melons, grapes, berries, etc.
This is only a short list, but add YOUR favorites. Spend 30 or so minutes preparing foods in advance and you'll save loads of time, calories, energy and disappointment. Make it stick this time, by sticking the right foods in your fridge!