a simple summer craft to make with the kids
Friend of Ricki Kathy Carter-Woods: I saw this idea on Pinterest [I might need an intervention] and I gave it a whole new spin. These little sun catchers are an easy summer craft to make with the kids.
1. Gather up all of the small plastic beads you have around the house. I’m talking Mardi gras necklaces, beads that have fallen off other jewelry, plastic trinkets and every choking hazard you can find. At the craft store you’ll want to buy see thru pony beads in any color.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the pony beads and plastic trinkets in a single layer in an ungreased tart pan, muffin tins or flat cake pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until everything is melted [note: there will be funny smells].
4. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 2 – 3 minutes. While the sun catchers are still hot, use a chop stick or skewer to press a hole for hanging.
5. Allow everything to cool completely. Once cool, flip the sun catchers out of the pans. Voila!